Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The fine art of the hat

So I'm sitting here crocheting another hat in the long line of crochet mens hats for my late grandfathers potlatch in the middle of november and I wonder....how many people have crocheted this exact style of hat. I wonder how many of the men will keep this hat and use it on those cold north coast of BC winters. I wonder if they will be used at all....

There is a fine art to the hat. Especially mens hats, since we all know that there are certain styles men will not wear. Simple is key to the men I am crocheting for...so here is my dilema. how am I to keep from getting bored? I have no idea really....perhaps changing from that bold black to the steel grey....or instead imagine I am crocheting a frock fit for a king, instead of a simple hat

No comments:

Post a Comment