Monday, January 23, 2012

Rainy Day Skirt-FREE PATTERN

Rainy Day Skirt



DK To Light Worsted yarn of your choice
For the length of skirt I did 72 chains. I like shirts to sit higher up above my natural waist. Since I am a more robust lady…;)

Row 1: HDC in 2nd ch from hook and each chain across, turn (to make a neater seam you should hdc in back bar of the chain
Row 2: slst in the back loop only in each hdc across
Row 3-4: slst in the back loop only in each slst across
Row 5: HDC through both loops in each stitch across

Continue Row 2-5 until piece goes completely around your waist. Ending with a Row 4.
Assembly: now turn so the right side of the skirt is facing out. Slst through loop closest to you on the front side of the seam, and farthest from you on the other side of the seam. This should create a almost invisible seam.

Edging: sc along the bottom edge of the skirt evenly.
Row 2 Edging: sc in first st, 2 sc in next sc around to end
Row 3 Edging: ch 3. Dc in next sc, *ch 1, dc in next sc. Repeat from * around to end. Fasten off.

If your like me, you will also want to make a belt to tie the top of the skirt. So chain enough to go around your waist, and then add about 30 more chains so you can tie it.
That’s it, you’re done. Now wasn’t that easy? :D

If you would like to help me continue to add free material to this site, please take a look through my store. I try to competitively price my patterns. I am constantly updating my patterns for sale. There is no obligation to buy, but please just take a look. :) Thank you. I have many ways to buy. You can buy right through this site. I also have patterns for sale on Ravelry.com and Etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment